Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday, February 5, 2009
I don't want to have to do this, but I must: Have you paid attention to the PRICE of purses lately?!? And, that they're all the rage!??! AND that, no, it's not good enough to have ONE EXPENSIVE PURSE!!!! You've got to have MANY!!!! Huh? You've got to be kidding, right!?

Ok, this from someone who rarely carries a purse around.
But, in defense of expensive purses, let me say this: I usually have ONE purse that I use: "every season, for years and years." So, I don't buy a purse too often (remember, I rarely carry a purse around, so in my world, a purse can last 10 years!) And so when I buy a purse, I usually buy a practical, classic-style purse. And I believe in getting a "good" purse. . . although "good" and "expensive" can be two different things, especially in today's fad of purse-buying.
Since I've started this blog about purses, I've also discovered that the purse I currently have is a brand named "Oroton." I admit that I love this purse, and so I've gone on-line to see if I could replace it with an identical one (when it finally bites the dust). This is what I discovered: It WAS an expensive purse; the company is an Australian one, and the purse is no longer available.

So, do I believe in expensive purses? Yes, if it is of good quality. And yes, because I, for one, plan to keep my purse and use it year-round (remember. . .that is WHEN I am actually carrying my purse), and therefore, my purse has to last for years, and years, and years. . .which is why "classic" works best. . .
None of that Big-letters, big clasps, color-coded stuff for me. . .

1 comment:

  1. I agree, a classic purse is a must. I have 2 purses, though, like you, I rarely use them. My classic purse is a black leather purse by Coach (http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=1562&category_id=1605) It was pricey, but it was a graduation gift from my mom and sister. The other purse I have is one my mom gave me for Christmas 2008. It's purple (my favorite color) and large, so it's more of a carry all than a purse. It's similar to the one shown here - http://www.target.com/Merona-Large-Hobo-Bag-Purple/dp/B0018281QO/176-4525757-7533013?ie=UTF8&node=370215011&frombrowse=1&rh=tgt_2%3APurple&page=1. Not classic, but usable for when I don't want to tote around my regular bag (http://alchemygoods.com/messenger.html) which is a classic style itself.

    ReplyDelete