Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The First Holy Communion Purse

Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Now to spend a little time on the "Communion Purse." The one that carried the little church prayer book and the rosary? With May just around the corner, I thought I'd spend a little time on the First Communion Purse.
The purse was white, of course, and we girls carried it down the aisle on the day of our First Holy Communion! What a treat that was!
There was barely enough room in that purse for anything else, but that was all we needed on our special day!
I kept that purse for the longest time - in my cedar chest. . . I may still have it. . . I'll have to check!

I believe that between the Easter Purse, and the First Communion Purse, this may be where the idea of "a purse for each occasion!" Perhaps this is why women have so many purses!!!!!
Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment