Tuesday, January 6, 2009: This is my very first blog. I'd heard about blogs, from the media, from television, from college students, and from magazines. From what I knew, they seemed to be very personal information about someone's life. . . or hobbies, or whatever. It seems like those who blog want to advertise themselves in some way.
Please understand that I am one of those 'older' students who is pursuing her Master's Degree. For my class, I am required to create a blog and post to it a few times a week.
I feel like I've just had my purse stolen! And although I have not really said anything personal about myself. . . except that I am an 'older' college student, and that I am female, and that I am obtaining my Master's Degree, and that this is a requirement for class. . . yep, ok, I already feel exposed.
Understand, also, that my generation would not do something like this. But I am doing this. Because it is required.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sandy, I totally understand about the whole "I don't want to expose myself" that's why I chose to be Jane Austen in my blog. All I'm doing is talking about books I read and whether or not I liked them. I suggest you try the same thing. It doesn't have to be books, can be anything. But pick a topic that you can write about that doesn't have to reveal personal information. It might make you feel better. I know it makes me feel better and blogging is suppose to be my generation's thing.
ReplyDeleteWelcome! Don't worry, if you need any help, let me know :)
ReplyDelete