January 6, 2009 - Ok, this is my second post. . . and then my third, and fourth, and so on, and soon enough I will forget which post I am on, which, if I am numbering them, will become just a burden to look back each time to make sure I am numbering them correctly. . .and that will just add to the confusion I already experience in my life. . .so henceforth, I will NOT number my posts.
I also need to explain a little about the title of my blog - "This Feels Like My Purse Has Been Stolen." . . Think about it. . .[for the men who don't carry purses, just bear with me. . it will make some sense, even to you]. . . you know that nightmare you have where you are in front of a crowd of people. . .and you are naked? And you are So Embarrassed?!! Or, you have a full cart of groceries, wait in a very long line, and when you finally get to the front, and load all of your groceries onto the belt. . .and almost at the end of the order you realize you do not have your wallet on you? And, therefore, no money?! Again, another embarrassing moment, huh?
Ok, the purse thing: Let me tell you how it feels to have your purse stolen. . . women feel two ways about her purse. . . she doesn't want anyone to look in it, but on those rare occasions when she needs something (out of her purse) but is unable to do it herself, she will often say something like, "Oh, go ahead and just grab that out of my purse. . .go ahead, there's nothing in there." (Women?! C'mon, right???)
Well, we actually THINK there's nothing in there - until our purse is stolen. Then, WHAM! Our wallet, our money, our lipsticks, that new hand lotion, that special rosary, the prescription migraine pills, the keys to the house. . . the cell phone, the note from the co-worker with the name and phone number of the repair guy, a brand new little bottle of eye drops. Now we have to remember exactly which credit cards we were carrying at the time. . . library card, license, health insurance card. . .all of it, gone. . . lost. Or. . .WAIT!. . . maybe in someone else's hands? Oh man, I have to make those calls NOW!
We suddenly feel SO exposed, SO naked. So vulnerable. Embarrassed. Scared. Angry.
WHOEVER HAS MY PURSE NOW KNOWS 'EVERYTHING' ABOUT ME! A COMPLETE STRANGER!!!!!
What an awful feeling.
That's kinda how this feels. . .like I am hanging out my wares for complete strangers to see. . . .
Now does the title make sense?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I seriously just laughed out loud. I totally know how you feel! I am so anal about checking to make sure to see if everything is in my purse and where my purse is in my apartment.
ReplyDeleteVery clever! A great title for a blog, in fact, about anything.
ReplyDeleteBut, remember, nothing here has to be personal. Or true for that matter. Try and have fun with it.
Or, as you did very well up above, a blog is a great outlet to rant and indulge yourself a little bit!